Thursday 11 October 2012

Incredible Blue Cheese & Pear Crêpe

The other day AC had just cooked a bunch of fresh crêpes for breakfast and I was wondering what I should put on my crêpes. I opened the fridge to get a bit of inspiration and then saw that there was still some blue goat's cheese left that we had tried out that week. I then remembered that we still had an amazingly ripe pear in our fruit bowl and that pear and stilton are an incredible combination. So why not use this principle with blue goat's cheese and crêpes instead I thought. And here's the result.


All good things are three, and this crêpe combination surely demonstrates the truth of this saying. At first I wasn't too sure if a crêpe with blue goat's cheese and pear would be that amazing, especially for breakfast, but when I had my first taste I knew this was a winner. Incredibly tasty is all I could think of, and that I wanted more! I ate two more crêpes after that first one and they were just as good. Like many people, I like a good savoury crêpe and the combination of sweet and salty flavours. And I have had the opportunity to try quite a few salty crêpe combinations, but this has truely become one of my favourites. The simplicity but the quality of the ingredients is what makes it so incredibly good. You  first need a good creamy blue cheese, a nice stilton would be great as well. Then you have to make sure that you get a nice ripe and juicy pear. And finally, use fresh homemade crêpes, roll together, eat and you're in cheese and pear heaven! So good...



No comments:

Post a Comment